We support students in accessing school based and standardized tests.
We teach students about test layout, strategies and skills to access tests with confidence. We believe in creating solid learning foundations and enhancing problem solving skills. It is impossible for anyone to know all the answers to a test but we equip them with skills and strategies to confidently approach testing. Students testing scores quantifiably improve and confidence soars!
Our educators are experienced with a variety of standardized tests and curriculum.
- We utilize test manual materials to increase student awareness about what to expect during the test.
- We work with students to understand how the test questions are written and teach them how to dissect the language to understand what the question is actually asking.
- We support students' vocabulary, familiarity with formulas and concepts that appear in common questions.
- We provide sample questions from study guides that support the test so students are more familiar with presentation of questions.
- We teach students how to access and maximize the resources that are provided to test takers.
- We support students in reading the question’s directions and ensure familiarity with what the question is and then creating an approach plan for how to answer the question.
- We help students create a plan of attack for the test as a whole as well as individual questions and question types.
- We help students learn how to manage and make decisions about time for completing timed exams.
- We support students in understanding and managing testing anxiety. We support them in developing strategies to minimize these factors and remain focused on completing the test with success!
- We work with students to develop self monitoring strategies including pacing, and checking their work.